Tuesday 2 December 2014

Final Design

I have chosen my third design to be my final look. I feel this look is the strongest, and has a high fashion look to it. 


My hair is long, so with padding and backcombing I can achieve this height. The plait at the back will possibly be the most difficult part of this look, as it has to be symmetrical but still cover the padding at the back of my head. I will be using crimping and padding, alongside the backcombing to cover the padding and create the volume. I have designed this look around the face of my face, my face shape suits a high hairstyle more than a flat hairstyle. The problems I will face are being able to cover the padding completely. I have quite fine hair, so there will need to be a lot of backcombing and crimping  of the under layers to cover the padding completely.

Practise

This was the first practice of the tall hairstyle. I loved the shape of this hairstyle, as it was wide as well as tall. My partner has achieved the look in my design very well. In this practise the only issue was covering the padding at the back of the hair, as the hair rolled over the top. In my next practise, we decided to cover the bottom padding with the hair at the back of the head, place the next bit of padding on top of that, and then cover that bit of padding with the front layer of hair. This worked better, for a more clean look. 



 I am pleased with the outcome of this look. I would have liked the hair at the front to be more crimped and more straightened in other places, such as the kink near the top of my forehead. I think this is an effective New Elizabethan look, and clearly shows the link to the historical Queen Elizabethm due to the sheer height and the crimp. I have given the look a contemporary twist by enhancing the height, and adding straight hair into the look. I will adorn the hair with pearls, just like Queen Elizabeth did to represent her purity. 






No comments:

Post a Comment