Tuesday 2 December 2014

Assessment

For the final assessment, my look was created really well by my partner Amelia. I was really pleased with the outcome of the look, as it followed my design. She was able to manipulate the hair to cover the padding, and also create a smooth and clean plait that ran up the back of my hair.






Amelia followed my design and really completed it the way I envisioned it. She finished within the time limit of the assessment. The only problem with the final look was the pearl 'twist in' clips were very obvious where they twisted in, I wanted the metal spiral to be hidden but because of the density of my hair, this wasn't able to happen, so in some places they were very obvious how they attached to the hair. There is clear influence from the Elizabethans in the heart shaped hairstyle, I believe my design followed this concept. I chose to adorn the hair with pearls as Elizabeth did to show her purity. The straightened hair at the front of the style suggests contemporary influence.






 This was my final assessment completing Amelia's hair. I curled Amelia's hair, and then sectioned the hair into three, where I added the head piece and extra hair piece. It was easier to work into this, rather than adding the piece later. I added two pieces of padding which was fake hair that was knotted into balls, then covered this with her real hair. Amelia' hair was short and would appear flat if i pinned it, so instead of pinning it up, I had to backcomb it and then spay the hair with hairspray to hold it. I feel i succeeded in recreating Amelia's design, I was pleased with the outcome and finished it in the timeframe given. The colour of Amelia's hair immediately adds a contemporary feel to the design. Her shape is not symmetrical, but still reflects on the heart-shaped hairstyle that Elizabeth fashioned herself. The hairstyle is adorned with jewellery, a concept that the Elizabethan's followed to show their wealth and power. 

No comments:

Post a Comment